Ecoscape would like to thank all the participants in this years PARK(ing) Day Fremantle for joining in the fun and activating their parking spaces for the day. It was great to see both local businesses and the Fremantle community engage in the activities and displays and inspire thought around the use and allocation of public open space around Fremantle. Thanks also has to go to Melanie Bainbridge at the City of Fremantle for her generous time and organizational skills in the preparation and delivery of the PARK(ing) Day project. Thanks also to Fremantle Mayor Brad Pettit and the City of Fremantle staff for being so helpful in making sure the event was successful. We were lucky enough to have great weather (compared to last year’s rain), so the sun was shining and everyone seemed pretty jovial!
Thanks to all the participants:
1. Ecoscape : Urban Park (the entire staff got involved in one way or another).
2. Endota Spa : Outdoor spa treatments & massage.
3. Dan & his High Street Veggie Farm (an interesting display making us question how urban dwellers view fresh produce and where we get it).
4. Didgeridoo Breath : Thanks to all the musicians and their streetside jams.
5. Il Cibo : A beach cafe setting that was a great place to relax in the sun.
6. Fremantle Library : Thanks to the ladies (and gents?) at the Fremantle Public Library for setting up their outdoor reading room for the public.
7. Ruth O’Dwyer & GOE Lifestyle : A natural food and social media station.
8. Raw Kitchen : Thanks to the guys at the Raw Kitchen for a great looking display!
9. Two Rubens Espresso : A great alfresco sitting area out the front of their cafe on Essex street.
10. Thanks to Bruce from replants.com for his generous support of native grass trees for several of the displays!
It was great to see everyone enthusiastic and getting involved! We have already had interest for next year and making it bigger and better with the City of Fremantle’s help. Thanks again, and see you next September!!