PARKS & PLAYGROUND DESIGN
Parks and playgrounds are essential in the physical, mental and emotional development of children. Public open spaces offer the opportunity to establish or enhance the theme of a site, which provides a sense of identity with which people can connect. Well-designed spaces engage and challenge visitors of all ages and abilities in a safe and fun environment. Ecoscape is one of Perth’s leaders in accessible, engaging and innovative parks & playground design having won numerous awards for various projects through Western Australia.
Public open spaces also provide the opportunity to meet the drainage and sustainably outcomes of the client. The Public Parkland Planning & Design Guide (WA), published by the Department of Sport and Recreation 2014, uses Ecoscape’s Dom Serra Grove project for the City of Subiaco as a case study of public open space design that achieves social, environmental and economic sustainability objectives.
Ecoscape provides the following services:
- Site analysis and opportunity identification
- Community consultation
- Concept theme development and interpretation
- Concept plan preparation
- Design and documentation of custom play elements
- Development of interpretive signage
- Collaboration with artists
- Detailed design and construction documentation
- Opinions of probable cost
- Contract administration.
We aim to create play environments that encourage visitors of all ages and abilities to discover explore and learn. To maintain a sense of place, the biophysical and socio-cultural attributes of each site are analysed and play themes developed. Our knowledge of playground standards and CPTED (Crime Prevention through Environmental Design) principles, combined with water sensitive design techniques and the use of native flora create culturally and environmentally sensitive environments which are functional and sustainable. Ecoscape’s parks and playgrounds are designed to nurture the whole community.
Examples of Ecoscape’s experience in providing expert knowledge include:
- King Abdullah’s International Gardens, International Architecture Engineering Group
- Carter Lane, City of Subiaco
- York Road Park, Shire of Murray
- Coogee Beach Foreshore Master Plan, City of Cockburn
- Dom Serra Grove, City of Subiaco
- Kadidjiny Parkland, City of Melville
- Pelican Respite Centre Playground, Activ Foundation
- Mueller Park Playground, City of Subiaco
- Piney Lakes Sensory Playground, City of Melville
Back to Landscape Architecture Main