ADVISORY & EXPERT WITNESS
Legal issues arise in development proposals or construction phases of projects where a resolution can be sought through court action or the State Administrative Tribunal. In such cases, an expert witness may be called by the court to help settle the matter. Ecoscape has provided expert testimony in the realms of environmental science, landscape architecture and spatial analysis on a variety of urban development and mining matters.
Ecoscape has also been engaged in an advisory role on significant state infrastructure projects, including the New Children’s Hospital and New Perth Stadium. In these instances, Ecoscape is acting as the State’s advisor for the landscape architectural component of the projects. The role includes providing advice around landscape and urban design issues, review and comment on high-level conceptual proposals, through to review and mark-up of contract documentation.
As an expert witness, Ecoscape can provide the following services:
- Liaison with legal counsel and clients
- Expert testimony
- Provision of graphics and support imagery (e.g. visual impact analysis)
In an advisory role, Ecoscape can provide the following services:
- Advice on soft landscape issues and plant selection
- Advice on hard landscape and built form issues
- Review and recommendation of tender bid packages
- Comment and reporting on landscape proposals
- Detailed review and mark-up of documentation.
We understand that expert witnesses have a duty to assist the court on matters relevant to their area of expertise. Ecoscape is experienced in presenting expert testimony to the court following relevant court guidelines, including:
- application of code
- general duty to the court
- form of evidence
- expert conference.
Our breadth of in-house experience across the disciplines of environmental science, landscape architecture and spatial analysis provides a thorough background knowledge which can be applied to a variety of project types.
Examples of Ecoscape’s landscape architecture advisory & expert witness experience include:
- New Perth Stadium, Strategic Projects – Department of Treasury
- New Children’s Hospital, Thinc Health
- State Administrative Tribunal, Auzcorp and City of Fremantle
- State Administrative Tribunal, State Solicitor’s Office and Murray Lakes Estate
- Town Planning Appeal Tribunal, Cornell and Town of East Fremantle
- Wardens Court, Fortescue Metals Group (FMG)
- State Administrative Tribunal, Canal Rocks Pty Ltd and City of Busselton
- State Administrative Tribunal, Skiljan and Shire of Merredin
- State Administrative Tribunal, Zampatti and CIty of Busselton
- Supreme Court WA, Environmental Services North Yunderup, State Solicitor’s Office
- Expert witness for various land compensation claims
- Expert witness for various vegetation conservation notices
Back to Landscape Architecture Main