flora & fauna surveys
Ecoscape is one of the state’s leaders in conducting flora & vegetation surveys throughout metropolitan Perth and across regional WA. Western Australia has a unique and diverse range of plant species. There are over 12,500 taxa (species, subspecies and varieties) of vascular plants in WA and over 7,000 in the south-west which makes our state one of the world’s biodiversity hotspots. Combinations of these plant species, together with soil and landforms, make up diverse plant communities that are unique in the world. An important part of environmental approval for development projects is to demonstrate that vegetation communities or individual plant species will not be threatened with extinction due to a development. Western Australia has some of the world’s most unique and diverse terrestrial and aquatic fauna. Ecoscape has undertaken fauna surveys for urban development, infrastructure, mining, defence and conservation projects across the state.
flora & vegetation services.
- baseline flora and vegetation surveys (Level 1 and Level 2) conducted in accordance with EPA Guidance Statement No. 51
- vegetation mapping
- vegetation descriptions, using Keighery, Muir and Aplin and NVIS systems (including threatened ecological communities)
- floristic community type analysis
- vegetation condition assessment
- targeted flora surveys for conservation significant (rare) and priority species
- weed mapping
- plant identification and flora inventories
- aspects of environmental assessments for clearing applications risk-based assessments.
- habitat assessment and mapping
- trapping programs (including use of pitfall, Elliot, cage and funnel traps)
- monitoring programs for terrestrial and aquatic environments
- Anabat® echolocation recording and identification of bat species
- use of passive monitoring techniques such as Trail cameras, scat analysis and hair tubes
- translocation programs
- reintroduction programs
- liaison with State and Commonwealth environmental agencies
- endangered species conservation
- radio tracking
- feral and overabundant fauna management.
Ecoscape can design and conduct vegetation and flora surveys that meet the requirements for environmental assessments in Western Australia. Our experience and professionalism provides clients with accurate information that can be easily interpreted and provides a sound scientific basis for environmental decision making.
Through careful management practices and the ability to identify areas of opportunity, Ecoscape can provide successful outcomes to help reduce impacts to fauna and fauna habitat throughout the State.
Our experience of working within regulatory guidelines and legislation means we can provide accurate information necessary for assessments at both Level 1 and Level 2 in accordance with Environmental Protection Authority survey requirements. The Ecoscape fauna group is very experienced with the habitats and habitat preferences of all conservation significant species, including those listed under State and Commonwealth Acts.
9 Stirling Highway
North Fremantle WA 6159
+61 8 9430 8955
Ecoscape offices are located in Walyalup on the northern banks of the Derbal Yerrigan, on the traditional lands of the Whadjuk people of the Noongar nation. We work on many lands throughout Australia and acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, sea and community and pay our respects to their cultures, ancestors and Elders.