FLORA & VEGETATION SURVEYS
Ecoscape is one of the state’s leaders in conducting flora & vegetation surveys throughout metropolitan Perth and across regional WA. Western Australia has a unique and diverse range of plant species. There are over 12,500 taxa (species, subspecies and varieties) of vascular plants in WA and over 7,000 in the south-west which makes our state one of the world’s biodiversity hotspots. Combinations of these plant species, together with soil and landforms, make up diverse plant communities that are unique in the world. An important part of environmental approval for development projects is to demonstrate that vegetation communities or individual plant species will not be threatened with extinction due to a development.
- baseline flora and vegetation surveys (Level 1 and Level 2) conducted in accordance with EPA Guidance Statement No. 51
- vegetation mapping
- vegetation descriptions, using Keighery, Muir and Aplin and NVIS systems (including threatened ecological communities)
- floristic community type analysis
- vegetation condition assessment
- targeted flora surveys for conservation significant (rare) and priority species
- weed mapping
- plant identification and flora inventories
- aspects of environmental assessments for clearing applications risk-based assessments.
Ecoscape can design and conduct vegetation and flora surveys that meet the requirements for environmental assessments in Western Australia. Our experience and professionalism provides clients with accurate information that can be easily interpreted and provides a sound scientific basis for environmental decision making.
- Geraldton Regional Flora & Vegetation Survey, Western Australian Planning Commission
- Vegetation Monitoring of Lake Toolibin & Surrounding Reserves, Department of Environment & Conservation
- Various surveys for the Fortescue Metals Group including Cloudbreak, Christmas Creek & Firetail lease in the Solomon Project Area
- Dongara to Cape Burney Coastal Vegetation Survey, Northern Agricultural Catchments Council
- Flora & Fauna Assessment in Queens Park Regional Open Space, City of Canning
- Lot 21 Flynn Drive, Neerabup Spring Flora & Vegetation Survey, Beck Advisory
- Waterways Assessments of the Lockhart, Upper Lockhart, Camm & Yilgarn Rivers, Department of Water
Back to Environmental Consulting Main