Legal issues arise in development proposals or construction phases of projects where a resolution can be sought through court action. In such cases, an expert witness may be called by the court to help settle the matter.
Ecoscape has provided environmental expert witness and landscape architecture expert witness testimony to a variety of urban development and mining matters.
We understand that expert witnesses have a duty to assist the court on matters relevant to their area of expertise. Ecoscape is experienced in presenting expert testimony to the court following relevant court guidelines, including:
- application of code
- general duty to the court
- form of evidence
- expert conference.
Examples of Ecoscape’s experience in providing expert knowledge for legal matters include:
- State Administrative Tribunal, Narcom Holdings Pty Ltd and Western Australian Planning Commission
- State Administrative Tribunal, Auzcorp and City of Fremantle
- State Administrative Tribunal, State Solicitor’s Office and Murray Lakes Estate
- Town Planning Appeal Tribunal, Cornell and Town of East Fremantle
- Wardens Court, Fortescue Metals Group (FMG)
- State Administrative Tribunal, Canal Rocks Pty Ltd and Shire of Busselton
- State Administrative Tribunal, Skiljan and Shire of Merredin
- State Administrative Tribunal, Zampatti and Shire of Busselton
- Supreme Court WA, Environmental Services North Yunderup, State Solicitor’s Office
- Expert witness for various land compensation claims
- Expert witness for various vegetation conservation notices
Back to Environmental Consulting Main